Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weddings

Last week my Aunt and Uncle were meant to be getting married but as my Uncle passed away the family spent the weekend together. I was very worried about the day as it would be a sad one but as the day drew closer I realised that we should still celebrate this love that two people had for each other and how lucky they both were to find each other and they made each other so very happy.

Do people have to be 'married' to each other to be married??

I don't think so anymore if two people are truly in love with each other then why do they then need a piece of paper to prove that's how they feel. I'm sure if you have the time go and get married if that's what you both want but it shouldn't change the feelings you have for each other.

I looked up to my Uncle as he was everything I wanted to be, he had great moral ethics, he was strong, he was honest with himself and with people close to him, he was smart, he was a great Aussie bloke and when he found my Aunty he was the happiest person alive which I'm sure would of been more important to him then anything else.

My Aunty, my Mum and Dad are the most strongest people that I know, with what they have all been through shows just what people can go through, with so much pain and hurt the human body somehow holds up to it all. Look after each other, everyone out there!

1 comment:

Trav said...

Sounds like your uncle was a top bloke. Sounds like you hold a lot of his values.

the marriage one is an interesting question because your right, a piece of paper doesn't change anything in reality.

If two people love each other a wedding won't increase there love. However if i was defending marriage (like if i was in a debate with Jase) i'd probably say what's so bad about marriage. Coz whilst it might only be a piece of paper if two people are committed to each other
what reasons would they give for not wanting to have a public celebration of a life long commitment?

I figure at the end of the day there are 2 reasons i can think of one is how expensive weddings are which really shits me...coz i really dont reckon it ought to necessarily be the case. The other would be that the couple isn't ready to say i'm commited forever.

I think it's okay for relationships to take their time assessing whether they reckon they want to spend the rest of their lives in a relationship with peopel but i reckon too often people take a soft option by not preposing...do they not have the courage to commit to a person who obviously isn't perfect and obviously there'll be problems?

Whilst it's only a bit of paper i think the decision 2 people make to be together for the rest of their lives is a courageous and very respectable decision.

[sorry for the ramble...the obvious flaw in my arguement is divorce. if divorce is an easy option then marriage isn't such a grand thing if there's get out clauses.]

did i make any amount of random sense just then?